some facts about putting pronouns in profiles (247 words)
- Some people put pronouns in their profiles.
- Some people get misgendered a lot when they don't put pronouns in their profile, and put pronouns in their profile so they get misgendered less.
- Some of those aforementioned people are trans people.
- Bigots like to pick out things that the subjects of their bigotry do as "weird" to justify their harassment and abuse.
- When cis members of a community put pronouns in their profiles, harassment for listing pronouns becomes less. Anti-trans bigots are more hesitant to do it because doing so feels less socially acceptable; pro-trans people are emboldened to speak out against any such harassment that does occur. Further, trans people feel safer putting pronouns in their profiles.
- Not every cis person is comfortable or safe putting pronouns in their profile. (Not every 'cis' person is cis.) For that matter, not every /trans/ person is comfortable or safe putting pronouns in their profile. For some people, it's a no-brainer to include them or not; for other people, it's a hard choice, and they're the only ones who can make that choice.
- We talk about putting pronouns in profiles because we want people who've never thought about it to realize that it's possible. We can't make a choice for them, but they can't make the choice if they don't know there's one to be made, or what they're choosing between ... so we talk about it.
You know, I wasn’t really crying that hard till I read the artist confirm that the brunette is trans. 😭😭💜💙💖
You're not a failure. Only the result of unrealistic expectations.
Also here's this:
so how do you even know the rando to your left sitting around the d&d table? find out!
Newbie artist. Veteran programmer. Transfem. Demi. Generally confused and curious about everything.
Hi! Game Making Social is a part of the Fediverse dedicated to being a cosy, friendly place to talk and share stuff about amateur videogame making, and everything surrounding that.
It's kinda an offshoot of Game Making Tools, which is a wiki(+) for a similar audience.
Game makers, game writers, game curators, etc. etc. most welcome!
I also try to maintain a list of not-jerk game-making communities on the wiki, which you might find interesting.
Please read the rules before signing-up :)
PS: We have Animal Crossing, LSD, and Klik & Play emoji :3